I’m Warren Berger, author and speaker on innovation, and this is my website about questioning and about my latest book A More Beautiful Question: The Power of Inquiry to Spark Breakthrough Ideas (Bloomsbury).
I’ve interviewed and studied hundreds of the world’s leading innovators, designers, and creative thinkers to analyze how they ask fundamental questions, solve problems, and create new possibilities. My last book was the international bestseller Glimmer: How Design Can Transform Business and Your Life (Penguin; 2009). I also write for Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, and was a longtime contributing editor at Wired magazine. (Official bio here)
If you’re interested in questioning—and you should be—this site has lots to offer, including articles about why questioning leads to innovation, how it can help you be more successful in your career, and how we can all get better at asking the kind of “beautiful questions” that spark change in our businesses and lives.
If you’re visiting the site for the first time, here are some highlights to check out:
- Our “Inquiry Quotient” Quiz – find out if you’re a beautiful questioner!
- A gallery of fascinating stories about breakthroughs that started with a question
- Find out what you can learn from “Master Questioners”
- Discover why and how questioning can improve your life
- Learn more about the new book A More Beautiful Question, including Excerpts
- Get my free e-book on creativity—just by subscribing to the site’s e-newsletter
- View the grid of graphics featuring quotes about questioning and innovation
- For a quick overview of the entire site, check out the site map
It’s going to take a good deal of inquiry on my part—with help from inquisitive, interested people like you—to arrive at a better understanding of this important and intriguing subject. Please share any thoughts, anecdotes, ideas (and of course, questions). And be sure to subscribe to this blog and/or the comments if you want to be part of the ongoing conversation.
- Author website: WarrenBerger.com
- Twitter: @GlimmerGuy
- YouTube Channel
- Articles on FastCompany.com
- Articles on HRB.org
Also, I send out a periodic e-newsletter with original articles as well as the latest from this blog.
Click here to sign up for the newsletter
(you just have to type in your first name & email)